Bulk SMS communication is becoming increasingly popular. Yes, despite a lot of pressure from other online communication platforms. Why is it that SMS messages have remained so popular in the age of smart mobile phones, and why is there no sign that text messaging is even on the wane?
We stand by the fact that communication via SMS is and will be the most effective. If only from the point of view that you can view a text message on both a traditional push-button phone and a smartphone. You don’t need an internet connection to read a text message, just a sufficient mobile signal.
And to show you why SMS is so great and why you should definitely include it in your Christmas communications with your customers, we’ve put together 11 undeniable benefits of SMS:
- Globally, the average SMS open rate is 94%. Compared to the average email open rate of 20.9%, that’s a big difference.
- The vast majority, up to 90%, of SMS messages are read within 3 minutes of delivery.
- The average click-through rate is at 19%. Email is at 4.2%.
- SMS produces 10,000 times less carbon than a printed letter and 300 times less carbon than email.
- SMS vouchers are 10x more likely to be used than the printed version.
- 90% of users confirmed that if they joined an SMS loyalty program, it brought them a valuable reward.
- 5%, that’s how small the average SMS opt-out rate is.
- Up to 75% of consumers surveyed would like to receive attractive offers via SMS, as opposed to traditional forms.
- 7 out of 10 respondents would be interested in communicating with their chosen company via SMS.
- Your customers receive an average of 178 text messages per month. Compared to a whopping 1,230 emails.
- 73% of respondents say the value of a business is increased when they can communicate with it via text messaging
Text messages are a truly relevant source of communication with your customers. And hand on heart, who wouldn’t want to take advantage of such benefits they bring in pre-Christmas and Christmas marketing campaigns?
Try our free forever Reago app. Through it, you can communicate with your contacts through SMS messages as well as newsletters.